Sunday, March 7, 2010

SUNDAY SPOTLIGHT: ReduceReuseRecycle & SoapAddicts


Tell us a little about yourself.
Well, I am a native New Yorker, born and raised and have now been living in Florida for about 5 years. I live alone in a one bedroom rental in Orlando just a few blocks from Universal Studios. I have been on etsy since 2006 and started selling in 2007. I have two active shops and I also run a street team called Etsy Goodie Goodies aka The Egg Team.
My team is about a month old and we have about 18 members and still growing. We are all about having fun and supporting each other in every way we can as well as promoting and good deeds. We are dedicated to doing at least one big good deed a month. For more info see here: http://team.etsy.com/viewteam.php?id=753
I am a swapaholic and love chocolate, dogs, dolphins, red, blue, purple, tea and hazelnut.




If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Dogs, Dogs and more Dogs....I'm a beagle owner (they are not living with me at the moment though) and love all kinds of doggies.

Fruit or chocolate?
Hmm can I just have both? Fruit covered or dipped in chocolate is the best.....dark chocolate covered blueberries mmmmmmmm

Your favorite meal?
Homemade Bacon Ranch Mashed Potatoes with Chicken and Feta Cheese

City break or weekend in the country?
I'm a city girl by birth

How did you hear about HOST?
I have been around with HOST since the beginning before it was even a street team. Back when they had their first holiday thread I just needed some good thoughts and comfort and found it there and just really enjoyed the people I met and the mission they started.

How did you first get interested in what you do?
Ever since I was a little girl I loved art and I loved crafts. I was always making something, whether it was baking or making a decoupaged box my hands were always busy. As I got older I just decided I wanted to share my work with others and it wouldn't hurt to make some profit along the way either.




Tell us about your shop.
Well I have two active shops right now. I first joined etsy with www.melaniesoriginals.etsy.com but closed it last year. My shop was always mixed with all kinds of items since I just can't really focus on one thing. I love crafts way too much to just do one or two.

I opened www.reducereuserepurpose.etsy.com last year which focuses on both my regular handmade items and repurposed recycled items. I have a boat load of stuff laying around that I am planning on repurposing and recycling but I am also going to school full time online so that has taken up some of my time.

I believe we all need to do our part to save the earth and ourselves and this is my way of doing it, by not throwing away everything I use and making it into something that others will. Be on the look out for more repurposed/recycled items in my shop soon.

My other shop I opened this year is www.soapaddicts.etsy.com just for my soap and other bath and beauty products I hope to be making and getting in there. I had soap and lotions and air fresheners in my originals shop and after I closed it some past customers asked about my soaps so I decided to dedicate one shop to just that. You'll find all kinds of colorful soaps and different shapes but my signature soaps are the angel/cherub shapes. These are what I am best known for. I have avocado cucumber based
and goat milk based soaps listed at the moment, olive oil and shea butter are coming soon.


What do you love most about selling on Etsy?
The people and that feeling that you get when you get a sale. I have met soo many great people on Etsy either by way of a sold item or the forums or even teams I have joined.

Where else can we find you? (facebook, blog, twitter, flickr, etc)
Well you can find me on my personal pages and my etsy street team pages as well:
My personal blog: http://reducereuserepurpose-etsy.blogspot.com/
My flickr pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27834132@N06/
My twitter: https://twitter.com/reducereuserepu
My swap-bot profile: http://www.swap-bot.com/user:ReduceReuseRepurpose
My team's blog: http://etsygoodiegoodiesteam.blogspot.com/
My team's twitter: http://twitter.com/TheEggTeam
My team's facebook fanpage: http://bit.ly/9aAULz


Any advice you would like to share with others that might read this?
Remember that you want to make things people like not just what you like and also, never give up on what you enjoy doing. Selling online can be tough but you just have to think positive and keep pushing.


What is the best etsy tip or resource you have found or been given?
The forums are a great resource for info about many different topics for your shop/business on and off etsy. I have found some great answers to lots of my questions on there.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails