Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meet the HOSTies: knitrgal



Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a stay at home Mom turned business woman striving to turn my shop into a small "cottage country" business with employees and everything!!


If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?

Any animal, hummm, probably a Tiger. They are so majestic and beautiful.

Fruit or chocolate?

Chocolate!! For sure!!!

Your favorite meal?

Humm, that is a tuff one. Maybe a really good Lasagna with cheesy garlic bread.

City break or weekend in the country?

I'll take the country please!! No big cities for me thanks!!

Why did you join/donate to HOST?

I joined because I am a natural giver. I give to people all the time, everywhere. If someone needs something and I have it, I do my best to provide it for them.

How did you first get interested in what you do?

I started knitting as a child. I started by making/designing things for my dolls, then myself, and now others.

Tell us about your shop.

My shop is a busy little place sometimes. Other times, not so much!! LOL!! Because I also wholesale, I am often "busier" than I look. My shop/hat line has evolved from a few hat designs to many, many, designs. I love what I do, and I think it shows in my work. I have recently begun to produce and custom design hats for some very talented photographers. This is great fun!! They are able to make me look so good!!

What do you love most about selling on Etsy?

I love the ease of it. I am not terribly savvy, in fact I consider myself to be "technologically challenged" at best!! But the tools, helps, and community make having a shop doable. If I can do it, anyone can!!


Any advice you would like to share with others that might read this?

DON'T GIVE UP!!! It takes time to build a shop that people will stop and visit. With Esty, the potential is there, you just need to find your niche and run with it!! Be adaptable. You may have to "re-invent" yourself occasionally. Use pounce!! It will give you a great overview of what sells and what doesn't sell. Check out other successful shops. See how they photograph their items. What kind of words do they use in their titles, descriptions and tags. They are successful for a reason, find out what it is!! And lastly, visit the forums on occasion. Be careful what you post, customers are in there too. Making yourself "visible" is one of the best things you can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails