Thursday, April 8, 2010

HOST Supporter: beadbooty



Tell us a little about yourself.

If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
I love sharks and sea turtles!

Fruit or chocolate?
Umm, hello, chocolate!

Your favorite meal?
No favorite meals...I ADORE all kinds of food.



City break or weekend in the country?
I grew up in the city (South Phila.) and now live in the country (Frederick county, Maryland) so I've got a good feel for both. But for down time I'd have to choose the country. Life is just a bit slower in the great wide open.

How did you hear about HOST?
I learned about HOST through a Forum thread and thought it was a fabulous way to lend a hand to fellow Etsians in need. Making jewelry is my hobby. I love doing it. So if what I love to do can help someone else in some small way it becomes even more enjoyable.

How did you first get interested in what you do?
About 18 years ago I went into a bead store on a whim and became awestruck by the colors and shapes of the beads and the variety of charms and findings. I made myself a couple of pairs of earrings and before I knew it I was hooked. Over the years I've experimented with lots of hobbies but have always come back to jewelrymaking. It was addictive! So here I am, playing with my beads and loving life.



Tell us about your shop.
My shop is a little taste of lots of stuff. I don't like to make the same thing over and over so I teach myself new techniques (thanks to YouTube and my local library!) and experiment with different materials. The two constants you will find, though, are color and texture. I like to create pieces that pull you in with their color and then hold your attention with their texture.

What do you love most about selling on Etsy?
Seriously...there are so many things to love that it's impossible to say what I love most!

Where else can we find you? (facebook, blog, twitter, flickr, etc)
I'm on Twitter: http://twitter.com/beadbooty and Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beadbooty/



Any advice you would like to share with others that might read this?
Do what you love to do and share it with the world!

What is the best etsy tip or resource you have found or been given?
I love the Forum threads because they put me in touch with other Etsians. I learn from these folks, make friends and discover tons of beautiful and unique pieces that I may not otherwise stumble upon. Making contact with other people is vital to surviving and growing and enjoying life.

My Etsy mini:

Tricia

1 comments:

Jabeen said...

Thanks for sharing. I love hearing from other Etsians. Thanks to HOST for hosting this. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails